Thursday, January 3

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Another year has come and gone... wow!

New Years Eve found Jerry and I spending a quiet evening at home watching movies. We rang in the New Year with bottle of champagne and watched the ball drop (recorded earlier) in Times Square. We were in bed by 12:30am.


Jerry arrived early for Christmas (by two days) and was able to help pick out the Christmas tree and enjoy pre-Christmas festivities. Watching Christmas movies is a favorite in our family - well at least for me. My sister K and my mom decorated the tree (Thank you, Thank you, Thank you) on Christmas Eve while I wrapped gifts. Mom went to bed around 2ish and K left around 5am to catch what was left of the sugar plum dreamland. I fell asleep on the couch bathed in the lights from the tree. Lucky for all of us Ben didn't wake up until later so we were able to snooze a bit longer. (1st Christmas present!)


My parents were already here at home, Jerry came early, Bekah was dropped off by her Dad early and both sisters (KandC) arrived mid morning to open gifts. By the time all had arrived, breakfast pastries were cooling on the stove and the aroma of coffee filled the house. Merriment ensued and everyone had a great time.


Jerry cooked the Christmas feast and decided to make turkey, ham, and even roast beast. My mom made a traditional Polska (polish) sausage and kraut as well. It was a wonderful time had by all!

Typically, I'm quite the obsessive compulsive Christmas decorator. Lights and holly, mistle-toe and candles. It just didn't happen this year. My house wasn't decorated or even spic & span but having Jerry home was the best Christmas present I could possibly ask for. Even though he's the one who had to point out that small tidbit.


I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas Season and a Happy New Years Eve! I pray 2008 finds all with peace of mind, joy in your spirit and love in your heart.

5 comments:

Sandi said...

I'm so glad you had a good holiday. Here's to many more.

Lori said...

Family can make or break your holidays if you know what I mean. I'm glad yours was great. How is Ben adjusting to his dad being gone again?
Happy 2008.

Mandy Lou said...

Glad you guys all had a great holiday - sometimes simple and undecorated is just fine. Maybe it helps us see the holiday more clearly?

Scoobers said...

It was fun wasn't it? I was happy to be able to hang out til the wee hours of Christmas morning. Even if Dook was spazzy we got a lot done.

Wanna make plans for an evening next week?

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a nice holiday season. Here's to a wonderful year ahead.