Tuesday, December 11
Anyway, during the past couple of weeks since Thanksgiving I have been keeping up on the daily blogs I visit. However, I believe it is fairly evident by the lack of blogging on my part... the blog is suffering. I plan to remedy this situation although I'm not sure how.
I wanted to introduce my little family. The picture is of my children and me (bad picture). Anyway, Ben is obviously the youngest and very much like Calvin of the beloved comic strip Calvin and Hobbes. He was actually almost named Calvin. He is quite bright and makes attempts at being sly. Scary thought - he gets better at stealth as each day passes.
Rebekah is my first... and tallest. She wears the same size shoe I do! I feel bad for her because once her foot grows a tad more all of the very cute shoes in her collection will find their way to my closet. Oh come on, I have to put a positive spin on it. Anyway, Bekah is the greatest help right now intervening with Ben.
After a request from my sister to post child are, I will soon begin a new blog page with both Ben's and Bekah's art. Will post a grand opening date once I have a little more time to get organized. I am hoping to start at New Years.
Friday, December 7
Thursday, December 6
Wednesday, December 5
Tuesday, December 4
Sunday, December 2
It's been one of those weekends. Anxiety started on Thursday and the tears started tonight. The weekend activities of cleaning, organizing and shopping are over and the kids are in bed. The house is cold and may be one of the reasons it feels so lonely. I can't seem to shake the weepiness. Although my eyes will bear the brunt of the situation I'm thinking a quiet and secluded tear-fest in bed might help.
I want to apologize for the pity party tonight but I need to try & get it out and on paper (so to speak).
My heart feels broken tonight. Ben asked to call Daddy tonight but he's unreachable for the next three weeks. I long for his hug and shoulder to cry on.
Wednesday, November 28
Typical government entity, the decision went back & forth and finally they were told Thanksgiving was in their future. From what I understand he had worked with both my sister and my mom in order to pull off the surprise. Yes, they knew. Which explains why my mom was trying to keep me awake and also why both of my parents worked so hard to make the guest room absolutely perfect. My honey was home for two days!
He is back in training and currently involved with field training. I won't hear from him until the 10th. But yippee yahoo! He'll be home for 10 days at Christmas!!! I'm on vacation those days too - hmmmmm... go figure.
I am attempting to get my Christmas shopping done online at night after Ben goes down for bed (which has been late every night). Remember when Jerry left the first time? Yep - same situation only much more obedient. I will keep all in touch as I can - I truly love this time of year and will post pics as well!
Tuesday, November 20
The house smells absolutely yummy. I think it's the nutmeg that makes pumpkin pie smell so very heavenly. I started baking around 9:40pm. Yes, I know it's late but Ben would not fall asleep and I didn't want to distract him from sleepy time thoughts. So anyway, here it is around midnight and I have four pies baked for Thanksgiving. Two will be coming home with me to my parent's house in Tucson and the rest are for well deserving friends.
I bake my pumpkin pies from scratch. Yup from the actual squash. Typically, I will use the meat from the Halloween Jack O'Lantern (I freeze it). This year we didn't have time to carve a pumpkin much less even pick one up. I've noticed a lot of stores don't carry pumpkins once Halloween is over. I'm not sure where all of those left over pumpkins are taken. I'd like to say they are taken back to the farm where they can once again be free but I'm more inclined towards the cannery option.
I would truly appreciate your reviews of the type you currently use, used to use or even dream of using. I love Outlook and use it often at work so I am definitely in need of a much more portable version. Sounds like a great Christmas suggestion to me!
Monday, November 19
Thursday, November 15
Wednesday, November 14
Tuesday, November 13
Monday, November 12
Thank you for your service to our beloved United States of America.
Thank you Jerry for your service today.
Thank you Daddy for your service in the 60s.
Thank you Uncle Ed for your service during the Korean War.
Thank you Alex for your years of service in the Air Force.
Thank you John.
Thank you Scott.
Thank you Yvonne.
Thank you to the thousands of soldiers and sailors who have put their lives in harm's way to defend our freedoms as well as the right to freedom for millions of people around the world.
Veterans are a part of our every day life. Veterans are our neighbors, co-workers, friends and family. Veterans are our living heroes.
Sunday, November 11
...As I sit here, attempting to relax and suffer quietly with my sinus issues, I hear cries from the room down the hall. The room in question would by our bedroom and the cries are coming from Ben (who would have guessed). He is playing XBox with Bekah and yes, I've heard her "cries" of frustration as well. She is helping out today in a big way since my head like a balloon full of lead snot (sorry). My eyes are like little slits due to the light sensitivity and the computer screen isn't cooperating either. But I missed blogging yesterday so I'm feeling slightly guilty about the whole NaBloPoMo thing. Oh well....
Friday, November 9
Thursday, November 8
He has been so terrible recently... I don't want to show the oh so truly human side by saying this but... I didn't want to pick him up from daycare. That would be one step closer to coming home and battling. However, I have resolved to not give in and prove once and for all that Mom has the final say. This meant pulling him out of the tub when he decided to spit water everywhere. Kicking, hitting, squirming... Ben, not me.
This carried overr on to the bed when I tried to dry him off and put a diaper on. Bekah came in to take over because she though I needed help. I told her she needed to leave the room because this was the end of the road and we're working on obedience this weekend. Lots of tears, screaming, hitting and kicking ensued. Eventually, PJs were wrestled on and then it was time for bed... for both of us.
Wednesday, November 7
Jerry should be able to come home for Christmas which makes me very very happy. Christmas time is my favorite time of year. Not the gifts, shopping or rushing people but the reason for the season, giving spirit, happy children and (hopefully) cooler weather. The best part is all the sparkly decorations that make Christmas a very romantic time of year. I can't wait.
My sister (K) is here with popcorn, candy and Ratatouille. This movie is great. very funny, once you can get over the fact of a rat in the kitchen. Ewwww. We're having quite the relaxing evening... a glass of wine would make it a touch better.
I am hoping to have bad traffic on the way home tomorrow too!
Tuesday, November 6
*No monkeys were harmed in the making of this blog.
Monday, November 5
Sunday, November 4
Thanks for the Tag Mandy Lou - It was a rough day today and I truly did not feel like posting tears and loneliness tonight.
1. Name one person who made you laugh last night? Jen Lancaster (just finished "Bright Lights, Big Ass")
2. What were you doing at 0800? Getting Ben ready for church
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Put Ben down to Bed (@ 8:00 - I posted this kind of late)
4. What happened to you in 2006? Oh Lord-ie, a year ago? I can barely remember the 30 minutes ago part!
5. What was the last thing you said out loud? Good night sweet pea. Sweet dreams. I'll check on you later.
6. How many beverages did you have today? A Diet Coke, 3 glasses (24 oz ea) ice water
7. What color is your hairbrush? Silver
8. What was the last thing you paid for? HSN Clearance items. Ummmm... scrapbook stuff and Pilates DVD
9. Where were you last night? Sitting in bed, laptop on lap, fast asleep. I woke up at 3am and realized I didn't blog - I was bummed cause it was a good day. That and I signed up for NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month).
10. What color is your front door? From the outside white. From the inside Merlot
11. Where do you keep your change? Fish bowl in kitchen, spaghetti jar on sink, wooden bowl on dresser and basket in laundry room.
12. What’s the weather like today? Warm - way too summery for November.
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor? Belgian Chocolate Chocolate
14. What excites you? Calls / texts from Jerry, Holidays
15. Do you want to cut your hair? Yes, yes, yes. I just can't figure out when I can go (without Ben)
16. Are you over the age of 25? Thanks for reminding me.. yeah... about 15 years.
17. Do you talk a lot? Always have. I guess I always will.
18. Do you watch the O.C.? Nope.
19. Do you know anyone named Steven? Yes, Jerry's step-dad
20. Do you make up your own words? Quite frequently although it isn't on purpose all the time.
21. Are you a jealous person? No - jealousy is a waste of time and emotion.
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’: Abigail
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K': Kathy-rine (scoobers), Kevin
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list? Awesome Jerry (he's listed that way so he's the first on my contact list... Not that he isn't awesome of course =)
25. What does the last text message you received say? Blog This
26. Do you chew on your straw? No
27. Do you have curly hair? Nope - straight and flag
28. Where’s the next place you’re going to? Bed (it is now 12:04 and I promised Bekah I'd be in bed before midnight - oops)
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life? I'll just call the person C (no not my other sister)
30. What was the last thing you ate? Sweet Tarts left over from Halloween
31. Will you get married in the future? Nope - I plan to keep Jerry around for a long, long time.
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks? I haven't had time but Crash and World Trade Center is sitting on top of the TV
33. Is there anyone you like right now? John Cusack - what a cutie (and fellow Chicagoan)
34. When was the last time you did the dishes? Two days ago although I'll start the dishwasher right before bed.
35. Are you currently depressed? Not depressed - just lonely and missing Jerry
36. Did you cry today? Yes I did - see question 35.
37. Why did you answer and post this? Mandy Lou didn't think she had enough people who read her blog to be tagged. So... I read it and well here it is.
38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey. I'm in Mandy Lou's boat - I don't think 5 people are reading my blog... yet.
Friday, November 2
Thursday, November 1
Wednesday, October 31
Tuesday, October 30
Monday, October 29
The park was my idea for this evening. The walk was not. I'm quite amazed we actually made it to the park. You see Ben did not want to walk or take the car (at my prodding). He wanted to scooter his way 9 blocks to the park. The sleep deprived loon I am went along for the ride. Figuratively speaking of course, he's only 3. Besides I can't fit one of my feet on his scooter. He stopped to look at a rock. He stopped to walk on a wall - you can guess who carried the scooter. He stopped to play with a palm frawn. He wanted to stop at a house with Halloween decs for an early treat. He wanted to stop to ring a random door bell. He stopped to stomp in a puddle. He stopped for a break. I carried the scooter (again) while he slithered on his tummy down the sidewalk. 40 minutes later we arrived at the park. We had a great time sliding, swinging, climbing and playing in the sand - yes we. It's getting darker and darker (remember I'm a working mom and this is an after work venture) by the minute. The nagging fear in the back of my mind was the "walk" home. Man, I wish I brought the car or even a wagon.
The inevitable occurred just like it inevitably does. Ben got hungry. Ben didn't want to walk home. Ben didn't want to scooter home. Ben wanted to be carried. Okay, I'm supermom (tee-hee) so up he goes on my shoulders. I now have a 35lb 3 year old on my shoulders, a scooter in my left hand, big bottle of ice water in my right and camera bag around my neck. What a sight. This situation lasted about 1 1/4 blocks. Ben scootered or ran the rest of the way home.
By the way, I have some great pictures of our journey but I can't find the camera cable so I guess the pics will have to wait. I regress.
We arrived home. Ben had dinner. Ben had a bath. We read. We rocked. We said "Thank You"s and prayed. Ben slept in his own bed under a Lightning McQueen blanket I bought earlier today as a bribe.
I am sleepy too but much more happy and content tonight.
Sunday, October 28
Saturday, October 27
If you haven't guessed yet, I live in the Phoenix area. Otherwise known as the Valley of the Sun pretty much centrally located in the great State of Arizona. While I'm on the subject of Phoenix I have to say GO WILDCATS! Although I didn't attend school at the University of Arizona I grew up in Tucson (another city in Arizona) and am a fan of everything Wildcat. Just so you know and I'm quite happy to say (and note), not all Phoenicians worship the Solar Prince of Darkness of Arizona State.
I have had several attempts with journals, diaries, lists and letters but to no avail. I just can't longhand as quickly as I can type. Hopefully two things will be accomplished with my blogspot 1) my writing skills will improve with use and 2) you'll return to keep up on the latest in the life of Just Laura. It's not exciting but definitely an outlet.
Don't lurk for too long - make a comment, keep me engaged, help with ideas. See you soon!