Tuesday, December 4

dookie in the Toilet


Nope. This isn't a post about my sister's puppy. But isn't she so very cute?

I am actually writing about dookie in the potty. You know poo, poopies, dookie, s!&*. Sorry but it has to happen.

Ben pooped in the potty all by himself tonight. Yippee!!!! What a big boy!

He's been using the potty more and more every day but absolutely refusing to poo. Just after getting ready for bedtime (it couldn't have been just before) he decided to use the potty. He had already pottied earlier so I figured it would be quick. He was in there for a good 10-15 minutes. Grunting away. He kept saying things like "oooh", "cool", and "thats a big one". Definitely a boy - even with Papa away, we're working on keeping the guy comments around. (hee-hee)

What an incredible obstacle to overcome. Hopefully he will continued tomorrow, and the next day, and the next, etc. etc. I am so very happy for him (and me too!).

Today the potty - tomorrow the pacifier. Yes, you heard me correctly. {heavy sigh}

7 comments:

Scoobers said...

Yay, Ben! No more poopy pants!

I brought home his 'fire' from mommy and daddy's. I guess I won't be bringing it over since he'll be quitting that too! Big accomplishments!

Dookie looks tiny!

Just Laura said...

Seeeeeee! She has grown a lot - youjust don't see it cause you're with her all the time.

Just keep the fire at your house in case we're there and it's naptime or something.

Tricia said...

You had better luck then me. Both of my kids were scared to death of the fact that something was coming out of their butt. I still fail to see how its worse then doing it in your pants?? Mine used to scream on the potty lol. Its great when you get rid of pull ups, diapers and gross undies though!

Sandi said...

Now all you have to do is get past the "Mom!! Wipe me!!!" stage.

Congratulations

Mandy Lou said...

Yay Ben - that's big news. I know my sister was thrilled when they go over that hurdle.

Next step, he'll be in the bathroom way too long with the newspaper (what is it about men and bathrooms?!).

Lori said...

Way to go Ben, my nephew Ben who is 3 is still using a little potty chair and it's always a not so pleasant surprise to go into the bathroom and find what he'd left for someone to take care of. I'll be glad when he starts using the big toilet.

Jennifer said...

Way to go Ben!! That's awesome. Did you have a poopie party? LOL