Thursday, December 6

Over the River and Through The Woods...

Almost eerily quiet. A weird kind of quiet - there is definitely something, or someone, missing from this picture. Ben!
Grandma took Ben last night - he wanted to visit the farm at Ramah's house. So we packed him up and sent him packing. Bekah, C and I went Christmas shopping for a few hours, had dinner at 9:30pm and then returned home packages in trunk. No PJs, teeth brushing, books, rocking or prayers. Although peaceful, sad as well. =(
He was over at the farm all day today and evidently didn't want to come home. Grandma asked if he wanted to "go home with Mom or stay another day". Since there are no small children underfoot the choice he made is obvious. He'll be home tomorrow morning before work. I miss his presence (even as loud as it can be sometimes).
I'm going to bed early and as most of you who visit know, 11pm is early for me. Good night!

2 comments:

Lori said...

my husband says were not leaving the house till our baby is 18. Im hoping he changes his mind, b/c grandma lives just down the road.

I bet it felt odd having him gone. Even when my dog is gone at the groomers it seems strange at home.

Just Laura said...

It was oddly quiet. Wierd quiet. Glad he's back.