Friday, February 1

Adults are In The House

I'm not sure if anyone out there can appreciate the feeling of relief knowing, when you get home from work, other adults are waiting for your return. Words escape me at this very moment so I am unable to explain.

My parents are here. I had an awful day, evening and night Wednesday, called them on Thursday and pleaded for help. They are here and I am truly blessed to have two parents come to my rescue. Much was accomplished tonight. Grandpa helped with discipline. Grandma helped in the kitchen. Bekah helped in the living room. I continued with the never ending piles of laundry. Family at it's best.

Only one thing could have made it better. Jerry. Although, if Jerry were here, a rescue would be unnecessary - I think... Anyway, to keep you all updated - Jerry is still in training and we will be headed over for Family Weekend at the end of the month. His battallion leaves shortly after that weekend and thus starts his tour of duty. It's an odd sensation to realize your other half won't be just a phone call away. Surreal actually. Uncomprehensible.

Yesterday, I read (on a friend's desk) "Faith makes all things possible. Not easy." So very true - I know we will make it through this season with God's grace. Please pray for Jerry's safety, my sanity, and both kid's sense of family.

JL

4 comments:

Lori said...

Adult conversation can be very theraputic, as is a clean house. Lucky you got both!
So true about the faith and easy thing.

Jenni said...

You do have two wonderful parents. Glad they were able to help you out and restore a bit of calm in your life.

I know your family will continue to stad by you in the months ahead.

Sandi said...

In the end family is always the most important and comforting thing. Many wishes for Jerry's safe return.

Mandy Lou said...

I'm sure the kid's sense of family will only grow stronger, since more family will be pitching in! It'll be tough, but you will all get through, I have faith ;-)