Thursday, March 13

Spring Has Arrived

Now that I have absolutely jinxed the entire spring process for the Sonoran Desert...

It is spring here in the SW Desert known as Sonora. My job frequently takes me to different places throughout the state and I love this area. Yes, the summer is hot, sweltering hot but as they say it is a dry heat and as long as you drink lots of water survival is easy. Anyhow, my travels are very routine and frankly the sometimes 3 hour one way drives can get monotonous to say the least. I have taken to looking at the map and trying to differ my routes to various state highways and other roads.

Earlier this week, I took my camera with me and was able to snap a couple pictures of spring taking over the hills. Poppies cover numerous hillsides and bright purple, yellow and red flowers color the local roadways. I am always impressed by the palette of vibrant colors available for my senses to experience here in the desert. Aside from the recent cool weather (mid 80s), spring is the best time to experience the Sonoran Desert.


As I travel throughout the state, I will bring my camera and hopefully introduce my readers to the wonders of my home. Soon, our state tree, the Palo Verde (spanish for green stick) will start to bloom and I'll do my best to show them in their glory.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Are the yellow ones poppies?

I am ready for spring too, that's a good idea, my favorite tree is the Japanese Magnolia and I always love seeing it bloom in the spring.

Mandy Lou said...

I'm excited to see what you shoot! Spring is a great time to capture the landscape - if the snow ever melts here I'll be sure to take some shots.

Sandi said...

I love spring in the desert. Especially when the Palo Verde's bloom. I remember driving on Harrison Road in Tucson where the road is a bit higher than the valley of PV trees and being able to look out on a sea of yellow flowers. Very fond memory.

Scoobers said...

i could smell the orange blossoms from my tree today wafting through the house with the wind.
ahh... spring.

El and Chuck said...

I'm so happy for spring. I'm sorry for all the allergy sufferers tho. Hope they can still see the beauty of the new grown bloomers....xoxo