Thursday, November 1

All In All


My day started when Ben came tip-toeing into the bedroom and peeking over the top of the bed. A smirk was evident on his face, though slightly hidden behind blankets, as if up to something. I asked what he was doing? "Nothin". Smirk still there no eye contact made yet. I patted the bed, asked him to come snuggle and watch Disney (this is our morning ritual). He didn't move but just smirked and said "Me go kitchen". Only a fool would have let him out of the room at that very morning. Ben was positioning for a quick run to the kitchen in order to raid the bag of loot from last night. I was actually able to talk him into snuggling under the warm blankets and watching Disney. Bekah came in a little later to snuggle with us which is where we stayed until Grandma arrived.

Grandma watches Ben once a week. I absolutely love these mornings. Took a long hot shower, put makeup on before leaving and got dressed without interruption all while watching the Today show. Went to work where, after sitting in training for an hour and a half, progress was made, proposals were sent and contacts were made. Hope to continue tomorrow. Maybe dollars can be earned.

Evidently, grandma had a day like those I have been experiencing. I do believe she has realized Ben cannot be left alone for even a few moments time. He is definitely Calvin through and through. He poured glue on the couch, spilled nail polish on his sister's carpet and played with toothpaste in the bathroom sink. Ha-ha! It is not a mama conspiracy... Ben even acts this way with Rama. You know, I frequently wonder what a child is thinking while misbehaving. Is it purposeful? For fun? Are they pretending to be big? Hopefully, he's not mimicking because I don't remember ever inking my entire belly blue. At least not that I can recall...

Anyway, when I arrive home his favorite movie Atlantis is playing, he is shirtless, and coloring with a black sharpie marker on a McDonald's Happy Meal box. Pretty normal except for the Sharpie which was okay because grandma had "him in her sight". Oh well I guess that's what grandma's are for. For fear of the possibility of tantrum and leg grabbing, Rama slipped out to go home while Ben and I reunited.

Went to the kitchen to make dinner - Thank you Rama for cleaning the kitchen. I now have the counter space to actually put real food out. We ate a quick dinner and sat down in front of the screen. Ben loves to watch me edit pictures - we are currently learning how to change eye color. Especially those of himself or my sister's dog Dookie.

Am somewhat lonely tonight but am happy to have the company of my laptop (sad huh?). I am hoping to be in bed by 11:00, watching Leno, updating pictures on Flickr and maybe writing a letter to Jerry. I am learning how to put widgets on the blog so hopefully the link to Flickr will be there by the time you visit.

I didn't get to talk to Jerry today but all in all today was pretty good!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Grandma's make the best babysitters. They are so fun and also so forgiving.
Sounds like you had a better morning, I assume you were on time.

Sandi said...

As one of those Grandmas, the most fun is to let the kids do some of the things they may not be able to do at home. There is nothing quite like grandmotherhood. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Mandy Lou said...

It's not sad to love your laptop! I live a good 2000 miles from my family and I love to have the laptop on, just going through the picture screen saver. It's nice to look at pictures of the ones you love when you (or they) are far away, well makes me feel better anyway.

Just Laura said...

Lori - No I was not on time but half of the team was late. Oh well... I am not going to worry about it.

Sandi - That is exactly what Grandma Sharon says.

MandyLou - Thanks for sharing. My laptop goes everywhere with me and I'm beginning to feel... need I say... addicted to the blog.