Tuesday, November 13

Seven Things...


Okay, I've accepted another tag from Mandy Lou. I'm still feeling very sentimental from Veteran's Day so I'm going to be somewhat serious (at least in the beginning) about seven things I am grateful for...

1. Jesus' sacrifice on the cross - I am grateful for redemption. God doesn't require anything of us except to acknowledge the sacrifice is personal. If I were the only person on earth, he still would have been on that cross. Starting off rather serious but my faith is a very important part of who I am.

2. My husband and children. I am so very proud of Jerry and love him muchly. My children, Bekah and Ben, bring joy into my life each and every day. As much as I write about the trials and tribulations of family life - they are truly few and far between. For some reason they just seem bigger at the time. The simple hugs and smooches throughout the day are great but my favorite is rocking (in a chair not "out") right before bed.

3. My family. I have truly been blessed with wonderful parents who are still together after 41 years and two incredible sisters to whom I can turn to in any crisis.

4. To be born in the United States of America. With everything going on throughout the world our country is pretty damn cool! Where else in the world can you burn the national flag and protest the government without fear of any retribution. Freedom is definitely not free but as long as you're willing to work hard, we Americans can achieve absolutely anything!

5. The sound of waves hitting the shore. Whether the waves are crashing on the rocks or rustling on the sand during low tide. It is a constant and reassuring sound. I could sit for hours on the beach, close my eyes and just listen. Oh wait! I have done that.

6. The Internet has opened up a world of quick and easy research. I remember the days of card catalogs and stacks of books. Although, I am grateful for books because I love to reach. The updated information and pictures make spanning the globe so much easier. It has given me the desire to travel overseas - I never wanted to do that before. Maybe that's age speaking =)

7. Squirrels. Yes, Mandy Lou your post inspired me . I mean really, what would happen to all of the nuts that fall from trees if not for squirrels. Hee-hee.

8. One more!! Starbucks. I had my first latte at a Starbucks in Seattle in 1992(ish) way before they became nation wide. Yummy! I was hooked! Starbucks has been quite the life saver on business road trips after a night of little sleep. Venti Soy Mocha No Whip is my drink. I definitely prefer the holiday treat of Peppermint Mocha with Whip and sprinkles but the soy sits better due to lactose intolerance (TMI?).


See, I started off very serious but worked my way down to the small things in life.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I can agree with all of them, except the squirrels ;), some I wouldn't have thought of myself, like being born in the USA and the internet, two things I am guilty of taking for granted.
I too had my first Starbucks drink in Seattle 1n 1997 and have been hooked ever since. My drink of choice has always been a tall vanilla non-fat latte. Although if I am on a diet I make it a tall vanilla (only 1 pump) non-fat half latte half cappacino. Saves about half the calories.