Friday, November 2

White Chevy Tahoes


I see these trucks everywhere. I understand the Chevy Tahoe is an incredibly popular truck but the white ones are absolutely everywhere I go. It really doesn't matter what year because they are fairly similar. Highly recognizable, very difficult to miss.


Behind my car on the way to work I can see them in my rear view mirror. On the opposite side of the freeway on my way to appointments the Chevy logo gleaming in the Arizona sun. In front of me while driving Ben to daycare. Ben even notices them next to us at stop lights.


"Look Papa's 'fruck' over dare".


Jerry drives a white Chevy Tahoe and I am constantly reminded of his absence each time I see one. Not that I need the reminder but I can only hope he thinks of me as many times each day.

2 comments:

Scoobers said...

I'm sure he does.

Jenni said...

Laura,

I have been a bit buried recently and had no idea about Jerry deploying! I will be keeping him and your family in my thoughts.

It's funny how things we see every day and just kind of glance over can all of a sudden take on a deeper meaning.