Wednesday, November 7

Oh so very happy & relaxed

I was stuck in traffic for an hour today. This was the most wonderful time I have had in a long time. No arguing with Ben, no Bekah arguing with Ben, no chores, no TV. Are you catching on? This is not the actual reason I was Oh so very happy. Jerry called and we actually talked uninterrupted for an entire half an hour. We talked about his training, my traffic, his bunk (very small), Ben, Bekah and everything in between. I never thought traffic could be so relaxing.

Jerry should be able to come home for Christmas which makes me very very happy. Christmas time is my favorite time of year. Not the gifts, shopping or rushing people but the reason for the season, giving spirit, happy children and (hopefully) cooler weather. The best part is all the sparkly decorations that make Christmas a very romantic time of year. I can't wait.

My sister (K) is here with popcorn, candy and Ratatouille. This movie is great. very funny, once you can get over the fact of a rat in the kitchen. Ewwww. We're having quite the relaxing evening... a glass of wine would make it a touch better.

I am hoping to have bad traffic on the way home tomorrow too!

4 comments:

Scoobers said...

I had a good time last night : )
Next time I'll bring a bottle of wine and some CHEESE!

Thanks for your help with the car and sorry for keeping you up til the wee hours. And Dookie apologizes for killing your angel.

: )

Lori said...

Glad to hear you got to talk to Jerry, I should have read your post before I read scoobers and then I wouldn't be confused. Anyway that's great news about christmas.
Oh traffic I hate, I used to live in Seattle, My daily commute to work was 22 miles but it took at least an hour to get there. Now I live in small town Michigan where a 5 minute delay is considered a traffic jam.

Mandy Lou said...

Traffic can be very Zen - a little "me" time. When I moved and no longer had to commute an hour each way, I found that I had no phone time or time to chill and listen to the news (not that I would go back to the commute!).

So excited for you that Jerry is coming home for the holidays - it will make it all that much more special.

Sandi said...

When my kids were little I put them in day care that was far from where I worked so I could have that uninterrupted drive and actually think - or not - whatever worked! It was my only alone time all day.