Monday, November 5

Round Two... {ding-ding}

...And mom comes from the corner wearing purple Eyore PJs while Ben wearing red Spiderman... throws himself into the ring kicking and screaming!

Round Two, Week Two and it seems everything is a battle. I do battle over meals, dental maintenance, nap times, diaper changes (yes, he's only 3), bath time, play time, quiet time, bed time and everything in between. I'm stern and he fights. I'm consistent and he screams. Absolutely everything is a fight. It seems the behavior isn't getting better or any easier. The worst part; when he's angry at me he calls for his Papa.

Bekah put him down for me tonight since I was somewhat losing ground (and my mind). She is very good with him. I could also talk about all of the times she eggs him on and acts like she's 12 years old. Wait. She is only 12 years old. She's just a kid learning to step up to the plate when Mom needs a pinch hitter. She's my baby girl.

My daughter is a lot like me although the lovely olive skin is from her father. She loves to read (almost to a fault), is quite creative, good in school and just a great gal. If I were 12 years old I'm pretty sure we'd be friends. I would definitely be the geeky one though. Although she doesn't realize it she is very self assured. She has morals, standards, and fairly wise in her young age.

She loves to be involved with her family and even spend time with me periodically. When I have out of town trips on her days off she'll tag along for the day. We make a day of it by stopping at the scenic views (there are lots in Arizona), having lunch and sometimes calling it quits early for shopping. Don't worry, I am definitely cherishing these moments because I know at any moment it could all be over.

This evening my young referee called foul and rescued me from even younger child. I so want to stay down for the count, close my eyes and possibly get a little rest. Tonight I just want to curl up in a ball and cry for however long it takes in order to get it out of my system. Is it so bad to give up a round once in a while? I'm not betting on the game so no one can really accuse me of foul play.

My best bet might be to load up on the electrolytes and get back into the ring. It's just too early to give up the crown. Besides Bekah was able to get Ben to sleep so I should probably catch up on some much needed rest because the morning always comes to soon. {ding-ding}

3 comments:

Mandy Lou said...

Beautiful kids! Cry if you need to! It's gonna be a long haul and if it makes you feel better do it (but make sure to keep the cold compresses around so you're not all puffy in the morning! :-).

Scoobers said...

I LOVE that picture!

Lori said...

I've been waiting for a post about Bekah. I love that picture too, what a sweet big sis.