Wednesday, November 28

Distracted but Time To Write Again

I have to announce I was truly blessed and thankful last Thursday. One week ago Ben and I traveled down to Tucson to spend Thanksgiving with my family. Scoobers was to come down either late Wed or early on Thurs - anyway, my mom and I stayed up working on crosswords and just... stuff. I was exhausted after going to bed at 3:00am the night before (the night I baked pies). Anyway, as I was just starting off to bed my dog, Bear, was acting odd - someone was at the front door. Jerry was waiting as I opened the door, thinking it was my sister. Yes, I cried, we hugged. It was quite the moment.

Typical government entity, the decision went back & forth and finally they were told Thanksgiving was in their future. From what I understand he had worked with both my sister and my mom in order to pull off the surprise. Yes, they knew. Which explains why my mom was trying to keep me awake and also why both of my parents worked so hard to make the guest room absolutely perfect. My honey was home for two days!

He is back in training and currently involved with field training. I won't hear from him until the 10th. But yippee yahoo! He'll be home for 10 days at Christmas!!! I'm on vacation those days too - hmmmmm... go figure.

I am attempting to get my Christmas shopping done online at night after Ben goes down for bed (which has been late every night). Remember when Jerry left the first time? Yep - same situation only much more obedient. I will keep all in touch as I can - I truly love this time of year and will post pics as well!

3 comments:

Scoobers said...

Glad it was a surprise for you and that we didn't end up blowing it. :)

I entered from mommy and daddy's blog. YES... they have a blog. Helped mommy set it up on Sunday. Go see it. Encourage her/him to write some.

Love you.

K

Mandy Lou said...

That is soooo cool - aren't surprises fun (well, good ones anyway)?! I'm sure you and the kids enjoyed even the brief time that Jerry had. Glad you had a good turkey day.

As for the Airedale, would you like one?! She's a challenge to say the very least, but apparently I like a challenge (or I was dropped down the stairs one too many times when I was young. Here's a post I did on her b-day - for a little more detail (the quote is from the AKC website, as part of the breed standard!).

Jenni said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving surprise!!! I'm welling up a bit just thinking about how you both must have felt. It's great news that he will be back over Christmas too.

What a wonderful holiday gift!